For the past few weeks, we’ve been getting leaks of a particular Xiaomi smartphone with the codename Meri. Now live images of the smartphone with the display on have surfaced, and a recent Geekbench listing reveals the name of the device to be Xiaomi Mi 5c as well as details about its software and processor.
What makes the Xiaomi Mi 5c spectacular is that it comes with Xiaomi’s own processor called the Xiaomi Pine core processor. Other big Android OEMs like Samsung (Exynos) and Huawei (Kirin) now use their own processors in their smartphones, so it’s about time Xiaomi followed the trend.
A recent Weibo leak revealed other specifications of the device, so we review them below.
Xiaomi Mi 5c Specifications, Review and Highlights
The Xiaomi Mi 5c possesses a 5.5-inch FHD (1920 * 1080) display covered with 2.5D curved glass. Based on the design pattern of recently released Xiaomi smartphones, one would think that the Mi 5c would come with a ceramic back design, but there are rumours that it would come with a glass back instead.
Under the hood, the Xiaomi Mi 5c is powered by the Xiaomi Pine core 14nm processor with a clock speed of 2.2 GHz and eight operating cores. A Mali-T860 MP4 GPU handles graphics on the smartphone, and when combined with 3GB of RAM and 64GB of internal memory, the Xiaomi Mi 5c is sure to run smoothly at all times.
The User Interface seen in the leaked images shows that the Xiaomi Mi 5c runs on MIUI 8 which is based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. It sports a 12MP camera with dual-tone LED flash at the rear and an 8MP selfie shooter up front.
A fingerprint sensor is embedded into its physical home button, and the phone supports 4G Voice over LTE via a Dual SIM slot.
Xiaomi Mi 5c Full Phone Specifications
- 2G: GSM.
- 3G: HSPA+.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE.
- SIM Type: Dual SIM (Micro-SIM, dual standby).
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 8.
- Dimensions: –
- Weight: –
- Display: 5.5-inch, 1920 * 1080 pixels Full HD, IPS Capacitive touchscreen, 2.5D Curved Glass.
- Build: Glass back.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours: –
- Processor Name/Technology: Xiaomi Pine core 14nm processor.
- Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-core.
- Graphics Processor: Mali-T860 MP4.
- RAM: 3 GB.
- Internal Storage: 64 GB.
- External Storage: Unavailable.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint Sensor, Infrared Sensor.
- Rear: 12 MP.
- LED Flash: Yes, Dual-tone.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p.
- Front-facing: 8 MP.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: –
- Bluetooth: v4.1.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS.
- USB: USB Type-C.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: –
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery: –
- Charging: Fast Charge –
- Power Management: Marshmallow’s Battery Saving mode.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: December 2016.
- Availability: TBA.
- Sales stores/platforms:
- Online: TBA
- Offline: TBA
- Launch Price: TBA.
Xiaomi Mi 5c Availability and Price Details in China, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The launch date of the Xiaomi Mi 5c is not clear yet, as it has been reported before that it will be launched in November, and then December 6. When launched, the Xiaomi Mi 5c would succeed the Xiaomi Mi 4c which was outed last year.