The new Chinese company in the smartphone industry, Xiaomi, launched the Mi Mix series last year, which was very successful, and this has encouraged the industry to introduce the 2nd generation of the phone with cutting edge specs featuring an edge-to-edge display with a 92 per cent screen-to-body ratio. The new device is called Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 and is expected to be released this month in the Chinese capital Beijing. The flagship is unlikely to make it to more than a few countries through official channels, but some Chinese retailers may ship the Mi MIX 2 internationally.In the past, a group of photos on the social networking site “Webo” reveals a smart Xiaomi device called a concept phone with almost no bezel.
According to a report published on the indianexpress website, the phone is sure to be launched on September 11 in Beijing. The difference between the Mi Mix 2 and last year Mi Mix is the size of the screen as it will come with a 6.2 inches screen (1440 * 2960 pixel resolution). Also, it will be powered by an 8-core Snapdragon 836 SoC processor and runs Android 8.0 (Oreo) operating system.
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 is rumoured to come in two variations based on the amount of memory: 4GB RAM and 128GB ROM, or 6GB RAM and 128GB ROM, both with a dual-camera setup. Just like the iPhone 8, Mi Mix 2 could also feature a special module for face recognition. We’ll have to wait and see if this phone makes it to other markets as well, including India.
A dual 20 megapixels camera will be provided at the back of the phone while at the front comes 13 megapixels, all juiced by a robust battery capacity of 4400 mAh.
EXPECTED XIAOMI MI MIX 2 PHONE SPECIFICATIONS
- Date of Announcement: Not yet specified.
- Release Date: Not yet selected.
- The body of the phone: We expect Xiaomi to make her phone metal.
- SIM Cards: We expect to come with a Hybrid port that allows you to use two Nano and Micro SIM cards or an external memory card.
- Operating system: The phone will come with the Android 8.0 operating system (Oreo).
- Screen size: The phone has a 6.2 “screen.
- Screen quality: Your phone has a 1440 * 2960 pixel display, supporting 16 million colours.
- Multi Touch Screen: Supports.
- Phone processor: It is expected to include the 8-core Snapdragon 836 processor from Qualcomm.
- RAM: The phone has a random access memory (RAM) up to 6 GB.
- Internal memory: The phone comes with 64GB internal storage.
- External Memory: Supports external storage card up to 256 GB.
- Rear Camera: The phone features a 20-megapixel camera with a dual LED flash.
- Battery: We expect the phone to have a powerful 4400mAh battery, non-removable and fast charging.
- Wi-Fi: Supports.
- Fingerprint Sensor: Available.
- Bluetooth: Works on the 5th version.
- NFC feature: Supports.
- GPS feature: Supports.
- Radio: Supports FM radio.
- Connectivity: Supports 4G LTE connectivity.
Sadly, there’s no word on price tag and availability of the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 yet.