I have written about how wonderful and beautiful the latest high-end smartphone from Xiaomi, the Xiaomi Mi MIX is, and in that article, I noted how the large screen size (6.4 inches) of the smartphone might stop some interested customers from purchasing it. It seems Xiaomi officials read that article 😉 , because we have reliable news that a Xiaomi Mi MIX Nano is in the works by the Chinese Apple.
An earlier image suggested the possibility of the smartphone, but since the display was off, one couldn’t be so sure. A more recent image however confirmed the rumours and has given hope to many who were wishing for a smaller version of the Starck-designed smartphone.
The latest image leak is that of the About info screen of the smartphone, and it clearly reveals some specifications of the device which confirm it to be indeed a Xiaomi Mi MIX Nano.
Xiaomi Mi MIX Nano Specifications, Review and Highlights
The Xiaomi Mi MIX Nano sports a smaller 5.5-inch display with the same Full HD (1920 * 1080p) display resolution. It has a 90% screen-to-body ratio and has a ceramic body design like the standard Mi MIX.
The Xiaomi Mi MIX Nano is powered by the same Snapdragon 821 processor present in the standard version, but it comes in 4GB RAM + 128GB ROM and 6GB RAM + 256GB ROM variants.
The Xiaomi Mi MIX Nano runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box with Xiaomi’s custom UI, MIUI 8 layered on top. There is no information on the camera and other specs of the device yet.
Xiaomi Mi MIX Nano Full Phone Specifications
- 2G: GSM.
- 3G: HSPA.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE.
- SIM Type: Dual SIM (Nano SIM, Dual Standby).
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 8.
- Dimensions: –
- Weight: –
- Display: 5.5-inch, 2040 * 1080 pixels Full HD (420 PPI Pixel Density), IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen, 90% screen-to-body ratio).
- Build: Ceramic body design.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours: Black.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821.
- Processor Speed: 2.35 GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Quad-core.
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 530.
- RAM: 4GB / 6GB.
- Internal Storage: 64GB / 128GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128 GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Ultrasonic Fingerprint Sensor, Compass, Gyroscope, Barometer.
- Rear: 16 MP, f/2.0 aperture, EIS (gyro), PDAF, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, Panorama.
- LED Flash: Yes, dual-tone.
- Video recording: Yes, 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30fps, 720p@120fps.
- Front-facing: 5 MP.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: No.
- Bluetooth: v4.2.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS.
- USB: USB Type-C.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: Yes.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion.
- Charging: Fast Charge –Yes, Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0.
- Power Management: Marshmallow’s Battery Saving mode.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: TBA.
- Availability: TBA.
- Sales stores/platforms:
- Online: –
- Offline: –
- Launch Price
- Nigeria: N
- Kenya: KES
- Ghana: GHS
- India: Rs.
- China: Chinese Yuan.
- USA: $
- UK: British Pounds.
- Europe: Euro.
Xiaomi Mi MIX Nano Availability and Price Details in China, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The Xiaomi Mi MIX Nano hasn’t been officially confirmed yet, but the possibility of such a smartphone being launched is very high. Since the standard Mi MIX and Mi Note 2 are not going to be launched outside of China, we don’t expect the Xiaomi Mi MIX Nano to also be launched anywhere apart from the company’s home country.