The Xiaomi Mi Note 2, Xiaomi’s latest flagship smartphone in the Note series has been launched at an event in China. The Note 2 has been embroiled in a lot of teasers and leaks since last month when the news first filtered out, and it’s a joy to see all the speculations and rumours finally laid to rest.
Xiaomi Mi Note 2 Specifications, Review and Highlights
The Xiaomi Mi Note 2 has a 5.7-inch dual curved glass display which uses the OLED 3D display technology. The display of the Mi Note 2 has an 110% NTSC colour gamut and the device itself has a 77.2% screen-to-body ratio with fairly narrow bezels. The smartphone is 7.6mm thick and weighs 166 grammes.
The Mi Note 2 is powered under the hood by the latest Snapdragon processor the 64-bit Quad-core Snapdragon 821 with a clock speed of 2.35GHz. The processor is paired with an Adreno 530 GPU which handles graphics operations.
The Xiaomi Mi Note 2 comes in two storage variants; 4GB (DDR4) RAM + 64GB internal memory and 6GB (DDR4) RAM + 128GB internal memory. Both storage models use the UFS 2.0 technology, but the phone doesn’t come with an external SD card slot, so you’re stuck with the default storage capacity of the model you purchase.
The smartphone comes with a Dual Nano-SIM slot through which it supports 4G LTE with Voice over LTE (VoLTE). It possesses a fingerprint sensor which is embedded in its home button and an infrared sensor for remote controlling. The Mi Note 2 packs a 4000mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 which allows you to charge the phone up to 83% within just 30 minutes 😮 .
The Xiaomi Mi Note 2 sports a 22MP Sony IMX318 camera with dual-tone LED flash at the rear, while at the front an 8MP autofocus Sony IMX258 camera holds the photography fort. The Xiaomi Mi Note 2 runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box with MIUI 8, Xiaomi’s latest custom UI version layered on top.
Xiaomi Mi Note 2 Full Phone Specifications
- 2G: GSM.
- 3G: HSPA.
- 4G: LTE
- SIM Type: Dual SIM (Nano SIM, Dual Standby).
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 8.
- Dimensions: 156.2 * 77.3 * 7.6 mm.
- Weight: 166g.
- Display: 5.7-inch, 1920 * 1080 pixels Full HD (386 PPI), IPS Capacitive touchscreen, OLED display, 77.2% screen-to-body ratio.
- Build: Series 7 Aluminium Frame.
- Form Factor: –
- Colours: Piano Black, Glacier Silver.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit MSM8996 Snapdragon 821.
- Processor Speed: 2.35 GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Quad-core.
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 530.
- RAM: 4GB / 6GB, DDR4.
- Internal Storage: 64GB / 128GB, UFS 2.0.
- External Storage: Unavailable.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Gyroscope, Compass, Barometer, Infrared Sensor, Fingerprint Sensor.
- Rear: 22.5 MP, f/2.0 aperture, EIS [Electronic Image Stabilixation] (gyro), Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF), Dual-LED (dual tone) Flash.
- Camera Features: 1/2.6″ sensor size, 1 µm pixel size, Geo-tagging, Touch focus, face detection, HDR, Panorama, Sony IMX318 sensor, 6-element lens.
- Video recording: Yes, 4K.
- Front-facing: 8MP, Autofocus, f/2.0 aperture, Sony IMX258, 76-degree field of view.
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+/Flac player.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: 24-bit 192kHz / 24-bit lossless audio.
- Video Support: XviD/MP4/H.265 player.
- FM Radio: No.
- Bluetooth: v4.2.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4/5 GHz), Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- VoLTE: Yes.
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS.
- USB: USB Type-C 1.0 reversible connector.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: Yes.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 4000 (Minimum) / 4070 (Typical) mAh.
- Charging: Fast Charge – Yes, Quick Charge 3.0, Charge up to 83% in 30 minutes.
- Power Management: Marshmallow’s Battery Saving mode, MIUI 8 battery usage optimisation.
- Extra Features: All the sweet exciting features of MIUI 8, Weekly Beta ROM updates, regular stable ROM updates.
- Launch Date: 25th of October, 2016.
- Availability: 25th of October, 2016.
- Sales stores/platforms:
- Online: Mi.com.
- Offline: –
- Launch Price (4GB RAM + 64GB ROM variant).
- Nigeria: N 175000.
- Kenya: KES 41575.
- Ghana: GHS 1630.
- India: Rs. 27610.
- China: CNY 2799.
- USA: $410.
- UK: GBP 337.
- Launch Price (6GB RAM + 128GB ROM variant).
- Nigeria: N205000.
- Kenya: KES 49281.
- Ghana: GHS 1933.
- India: Rs. 32550.
- China: CNY 3299.
- USA: $486.
- UK: GBP 399.
- Launch Price (Global model, 37 LTE bands / 6 LTE 4G network types support / 6GB RAM + 128GB ROM variant).
- Nigeria: N217000.
- Kenya: KES 52323.
- Ghana: GHS 2052.
- India: Rs. 34525.
- China: CNY 3499.
- USA: $516.
- UK: GBP 424.
Xiaomi Mi Note 2 Availability and Price Details in Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The Xiaomi Mi Note 2 comes in Piano Black and Glacier Silver colour versions, and though it’s currently available for order in China, it would officially go on sale from the 1st of November (talk about a new month gift). The prices of the different models of the Xiaomi Mi Note 2 for different countries are listed above.