News of the Xiaomi Redmi 4 has been floating around, but a certification by TENAA has revealed that there are more phones bearing that name to be launched by Xiaomi. Along with the Redmi 4, two new mid-range smartphones, the Xiaomi Redmi 4A and 4A Prime have been certified by TENAA, and are expected to be launched soon.
The Redmi 4A and 4A Prime are the same in design and every other specification apart from the fingerprint sensor; the Redmi 4A Prime comes with a fingerprint sensor while the standard Redmi 4A lacks the security scanner.
Xiaomi Redmi 4A / 4A Prime Specifications, Review and Highlights
The Xiaomi Redmi 4A / 4A Prime has a 5-inch display with an HD (1280 * 720) pixel resolution. It is powered by a 1.4GHz Quad-core Snapdragon 425 processor paired with an Adreno 308 GPU.
It comes with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of expandable (up to 128GB) internal storage and packs a 3000mAh battery. The Redmi 4A and 4A Prime come with a Hybrid Micro+Nano Dual SIM slot and support 4G with VoLTE. Both smartphones sport a 13MP camera with PDAF and LED Flash at the rear, and a 5MP selfie camera upfront.
Also Check Out:
While both come with an infrared sensor, the Redmi 4A Prime comes with a fingerprint sensor which is lacking in the standard Redmi 4. The Xiaomi Redmi 4A / 4A Prime runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box with Xiaomi’s MIUI 8 layered on top.
Xiaomi Redmi 4A / 4A Prime Full Phone Specifications
- 2G: GSM.
- 3G: HSPA.
- 4G: LTE.
- SIM Type: Hybrid (Micro + Nano SIM / SDCard) Slot.
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 8.
- Dimensions: 139.9 * 70.4 * 8.5mm.
- Weight: 140g.
- Display: 5-inch, 1280 * 720 pixels HD, IPS touchscreen.
- Build: Metal body.
- Form Factor: –
- Colours: Gold and Rose Gold.
- Processor Name/Technology: Snapdragon 425.
- Processor Speed: 1.4GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Quad-core.
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 308.
- RAM: 2 GB.
- Internal Storage: 16 GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128 GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint Sensor (Redmi 4A Prime), Infrared sensor.
- Rear: 13 MP, PDAF, LED flash.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p.
- Front-facing: 5 MP.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA,.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: –
- Bluetooth: v4.1.
- Bluetooth Profiles: –
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, GPS + GLONASS.
- USB: microUSB v2.0.
- USB OTG: No.
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery: 3,000 mAh.
- Charging: Fast Charge – No.
- Power Management: Marshmallow’s Battery Saving mode, MIUI 8 Battery saving.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: TBA.
- Availability: TBA.
- Sales stores/platforms: –
- Launch Price – TBA
Xiaomi Redmi 4A / 4A Prime Availability and Price Details in China, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The Xiaomi Redmi 4A and 4A Prime will likely come in Gold and Rose Gold colour versions and are expected to cost around 599 Chinese Yuan. The standard Redmi 4A would be cheaper than the Redmi 4A Prime.
- Xiaomi Mi MIX Full Specs Review & Price in China, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2 Full Specs Review & Price in China, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
- Gionee S9T Specs Review & Price in China, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
- Samsung W2017 Flip Phone Specs Review & Price in China, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
- Meizu Pro 6S Specs Review & Price in China, Nigeria, Ghana & Kenya
- LeEco Le X850 (Le Max 3) Specs Review & Price in China, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana