The Xiaomi Redmi 8A Dual is another great and budget smartphone from Xiaomi. This mid-range device comes with similar body design as the Xiaomi Redmi 8A. It packs a massive battery capacity of 5000 mAh and a combo rear camera set-up.
Xiaomi Redmi 8A Dual Full Specs Summary
- Announced: 2020, February 11
- Xiaomi Redmi 8A Release Date: release 2020, February 18
- Dimensions: 156.5 x 75.4 x 9.4 mm (6.16 x 2.97 x 0.37 in)
- Weight: 188 g (6.63 oz)
- Sim Card: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.22 inches, 96.6 cm2 (~81.8% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1520 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~270 ppi density)
- Operating System: Android 9.0 (Pie); MIUI 11
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM439 Snapdragon 439 (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×1.95 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.45 GHz Cortex A53)
- GPU: Adreno 505
- Internal Memory: 32GB 2GB RAM, 32GB 3GB RAM
- Expandable Memory: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Rear Camera: 13 MP + 2 MP
- Selfies Camera: 8 MP
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 18W
Power bank/Reverse charging
- Colors: Sky White, Sea Blue, Midnight Grey
The Xiaomi Redmi 8A Dual sports a beautiful body that lack a fingerprint scanner. It’s similar to the new Realme C3. It’s built with a combination of corning gorilla glass 3 and plastic. It measures 156.5 x 75.4 x 9.4 mm in dimensions and weighs 188 grams. The overall is splash resistant.
The Xiaomi Redmi 8A Dual has a large screen display size of 6.22 inches featuring an IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen. The screen packs a resolution of 720 x 1520 pixels and 270 PPI density. It also comes with display protection of Corning Gorilla Glass 5 and has support for 400 nits type. brightness.
The Xiaomi Redmi 8A Dual just as the name suggests parades a combo rear camera set-up. The primary camera is 13 MP wide with another 2 MP depth sensor. It features LED flash, HDR, panorama and can shoot 1080p@30fps video resolution. Upfront is a selfies snapper of 8 MP that has HDR and can record 1080p@30fps video quality.
Hardware And Software
The Xiaomi Redmi 8A Dual packs a mid-range Qualcomm SDM439 Snapdragon 439 SOC that is built with 12nm process technology. It comes with an octa-core processor clocking at a speed of 1.95 GHz and Adreno 505 for graphics. The device runs on the Android 9.0 Pie operating system.
Storage Capacity And Sensors
The Xiaomi Redmi 8A Dual has average inbuilt storage. It’s available in 32GB with 2GB RAM and another with 32GB that is paired with 3GB RAM. You can still expand the memory using a micro SD card up. The sensors on the phone are Accelerometer, proximity, and compass.
Battery And Network Connectivity
The Xiaomi Redmi 8A Dual packs a massive battery capacity of 5000 mAh. The battery has fast charging technology. You will also get Power bank/Reverse charging. This means you can use the device to charge other phones.
It comes with dual SIM that has a 4G network with other regulars such as Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth, A-GPS, FM radio and 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go.
Xiaomi Redmi 8A Dual Price And Availability
The Xiaomi Redmi 8A Dual is now available for purchase at a price of about 80 EUR. The smartphone will be shipped in multiple colors such as Sky White, Sea Blue, and Midnight Grey.
The Xiaomi Redmi 8A Dual is just another budget smartphone with no fingerprint scanner. The phone top selling point is the battery and it also comes with a bigger display and combo camera set-up on the back. It’s just another Realme C3 smartphone but this time from Xiaomi. It will make a wise budget buy though.
Show us some love by Sharing! TechLector wants to hear from you, use the comment box below…