Zhongxing Telecommunication Equipment (ZTE) Corporation, a Chinese Telecom Company which is the world’s fourth-largest mobile phone manufacturer, has released the premium version of the Axon 7 called the ZTE Axon 7 Premium. It would be recalled that ZTE launched the Axon 7 back in May in China.
The ZTE Axon 7 Premium is a powerful smartphone with force touch capabilities and impressive top-end features such as a 5.5-inch Quad HD display, 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage, 20MP rear camera with dual LED Flash among other things.
ZTE Axon 7 Premium Specifications, Review and Highlights
The ZTE Axon 7 premium packs a 5.5-inch AMOLED display with 2K (1440 * 2560 pixels) resolution, 538 PPI pixel density and Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection. It is powered by a Quad-Core Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 64-bit processor with Adreno 530 GPU.
The device has a 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage which can be increased to 256GB using a microSD card. The ZTE Axon 7 premium has a Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD) smartphone which runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow MiFavor UI 4.0 and supports 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C connectivity.
The Axon 7 Premium version has a 20MP rear camera with dual LED Flash, 4K video recording, PDAF, OIS, f/1.8 aperture and 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture.
In order to support this powerful machine, ZTE packs Axon 7 premium with a 3250mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0. It also comes with a fingerprint sensor. The ZTE Axon 7 premium comes in Ion Gold, Quartz Grey and Chromium Silver colours.
ZTE Axon 7 Premium Full Phone Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSPA+ HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 – A2017G, USA
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 19(800), 20(800), 28(700), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500) – A2017G.
- SIM Type: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow MiFavor UI 4.0.
- Dimensions: 151.7 * 75 * 7.9 mm (5.97 * 2.95 * 0.31 in)
- Weight: 175 g (6.17 oz)
- Display: 5.5-inch, 1440* 2560 HD pixels (538 PPI) AMOLED touchscreen.
- Build: Unimetal Body.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours: Ion Gold, Quartz Grey and Chromium Silver.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit Snapdragon 820 Processor.
- Processor Speed: 2.15 GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Quad-core (2×2.15 GHz Kryo & 2×1.6 GHz Kryo)
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 530.
- RAM: 4GB.
- Internal Storage: 64GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, fingerprint.
- Rear: 20MP with 4K video recording, PDAF, OIS & f/1.8 aperture.
- LED Flash: Yes, Dual.
- Video recording: Yes, 2K.
- Front-facing: 8MP with f/2.2 aperture & LED flash.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: 32-bit/192kHz audio, Dolby Atmos audio enhancement.
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: No.
- Bluetooth: v4.0.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS.
- USB: v3.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: Yes
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3250 mAh battery.
- Charging: Fast-charging 83% in 30 min (Quick Charge 3.0).
- Power Management: Marshmallow’s Battery Saving mode.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: November 23, 2016.
- Availability: November 23, 2016.
- Sales stores/platforms:
- Online: ZTE USA.
- Offline: ZTE USA.
- Online: ZTE USA.
- Launch Price
- Nigeria: N210,000
- Kenya: KES 50,938.
- Ghana: GHS 2,031
- India: Rs 10, 499
- China: 3,443 Chinese Yuan
- USA: $499.98
- UK: 400 British Pound Sterling
- Europe: 469 Euro
ZTE Axon 7 Premium Availability and Price Details in China, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The ZTE Axon 7 Premium Version is priced at $499.98 (Rs. 34030) and will be available in limited quantities on ZTE USA online stores. When it is available in Nigeria, you will surely get to know on this platform.
Lastly, do not forget to subscribe for our weekly email newsletter to make sure you do not miss out on the juicy stuff in the world of tech. Use the subscription form below. Don’t forget to share this post if you like it. Cheers.