The ZTE Grand X series is relatively unknown to many, and unless you’re using the services of US network carriers like Cricket Wireless and AT&T, you might never have used one of the smartphones in this series. A new smartphone, the ZTE Grand X 4 has been launched to succeed the ZTE Grand X 3 which was launched in January.
The ZTE Grand X 4 is a mid-range smartphone with decent specs and a modest price tag. Like the Grand X 3, the ZTE Grand X 4 is built to look like a high-end smartphone and it looks more premium than it costs.
ZTE Grand X 4 Specifications, Review and Highlights
The ZTE Grand X 4 comes with a 5.5-inch IPS touchscreen display with an HD (1280 * 720) pixel resolution and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection. It is powered underneath by a 1.4GHz Quad-core Snapdragon 425 processor which is an improvement upon the SD210 processor found in its predecessor, the Grand X 3.
The phone comes with 2GB of RAM and 16GB internal storage capacity which can be expanded with a microSD card. It sports a 13MP camera with LED flash at the rear and a 5MP selfie shooter up front. Beneath the rear flash is a fingerprint sensor for biometric unlocking and locking of the phone.
The battery has been upgraded from 3080mAh to 3140mAh on the Grand X 4, with the added advantage of Qualcomm Quick Charge tech for fast charging. Unlike the Grand X 3 which boots Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, the ZTE Grand X 4 runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box.
ZTE Grand X 4 Full Phone Specifications
- 2G: GSM.
- 3G: HSPA+.
- 4G: No.
- SIM Type: Dual SIM (Micro SIM, dual standby).
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
- Dimensions: –
- Weight: –
- Display: 5.5-inch, 1280 * 720 pixels HD (267 PPI), IPS Capacitive touchscreen, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection.
- Build: Metal aluminium design.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours: Black.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit Qualcomm MSM8917 Snapdragon 425.
- Processor Speed: 1.4 GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Quad-core Cortex A53.
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 308.
- RAM: 2 GB.
- Internal Storage: 16 GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 64 GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint Sensor.
- Rear: 13 MP, Autofocus.
- LED Flash: Yes.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p, Video calling, Video sharing.
- Front-facing: 5 MP.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: v4.0.
- Bluetooth Profiles: –
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, GPS + A-GPS.
- USB: USB Type-C (reversible).
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery: Li-Ion 3140 mAh.
- Charging: Fast Charge – Qualcomm Quick Charge.
- Power Management: Marshmallow’s Battery Saving mode.
- Extra Features: Haptic feedback, voice dialling, voice commands, voice recording.
- Launch Date: November 16, 2016.
- Availability: November 18, 2016.
- Sales stores/platforms
- Online: Cricket.com
- Offline: Cricket offline stores.
- Launch Price
- Nigeria: N55000.
- Kenya: KES 13245.
- Ghana: GHS 516.
- India: Rs. 8869.
- China:895 Chinese Yuan.
- USA: $129.99
- UK:105 British Pounds.
- Europe:123 Euro.
ZTE Grand X 4 Availability and Price Details in U.S., Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The ZTE Grand X 4 comes in black colour and would be available for sale on AT&T-owned Cricket brand stores both offline and online for $129.99 from the 18th of November.
Lastly, do not forget to subscribe for our weekly email newsletter to make sure you do not miss out on the juicy stuff in the world of tech. Use the subscription form below. Don’t forget to share this post if you like it. Cheers.